- Greenbank Training Area is a 4500ha live training facility the 600m Rifle Range has state of the art targetry systems and is a part of the Australian federal governments Enhanced Land Force STAGE 2 Facilities Project worth $1.4 billion nationally and around $100m at the Greenbank Training Area.
- Digwright Civil worked closely with St Hilliers Properties to deliver a world class 600m Rifle Range for the Department of Defence.
- UXOs (Un Exploded Ordinates) and existing asbestos structures along with strict environment procedures were just some of the challenges of this project.
- Digwright were able to have achieved timely completion of the bulk earthworks to allow STH to start building structures well ahead programme.
- Strong client relationships have resulted in award of subsequent stages at Wide Bay Training Area.
Digwright Civil was appointed as the civil contractor for the MTR-A and associated works at GBTA. At the completion of the project Digwright had delivered:
- 10 ha clearing and grubbing
- 200000m3 of cut to fill bulk earthworks
- 55000m3 of imported fill to embankments
- 4 barrel & 3 barrel culvert structures 1800mm
- Storm Water Drainage
- 18000m2 of Pavements (RQR)
- 7500m2 of Pavements (MTR-A)
- Bio Basins
- 2x Clay Bullet Catcher Embankments
Location: Greenbank, Queensland
Client: St Hilliers / Department of Defence
Commencement Date: November 2013
Completion Date: August 2014
Contract Value: $4.5 million