- Corridor Sands is located at Woongoolba on the Northern Gold Coast and supply and produce river sand for use in concrete, asphalt and fill sand to SE QLD.
- Digwright Civil have worked with Corridor Sands for a number of years. For the past 6 years Digwright have been engaged to strip overburden in front Corridors dredge. This minimises the amount of unsuitable materials going through their sand plant, while increasing the dredges sand production rate.
- Digwright have also constructed earthworks for rehabilitation areas along with plant infrastructure such as tailings dams, flood gates and fresh water intakes.
Digwright was appointed as the contractor to carry out bulk earthworks and deliver the following:
- 30 ha Clearing and Grubbing
- 150000m3 of overburden and topsoil removal
- Construct tailings dams
- Construct/Excavate fresh water intake drains
- Construct/Excavate tailings water drains
- Install flood gates and weirs
- Shape and Trim Rehabilitation Areas
- Acid Sulphate Soils Liming and Conditioning
Location: Woongoolba, Queensland
Client: Corridor Sands/Neumann Group
Commencement Date: January 2008
Completion Date: September 2015
Contract Value: $1.5 million