- Wide Bay Training Area is a 20000ha live training facility the Battle Inoculation Range allows troops train with live fire overhead and is a part of the Australian federal governments Enhanced Land Force STAGE 2 Facilities Project worth $1.4 billion nationally and around $100m at the Wide Bay Training Area.
- Digwright Civil worked closely with St Hilliers Properties to deliver a world class Battle Inoculation Range for the Department of Defence.
- UXOs (Un Exploded Ordinates) and existing asbestos structures along with strict environment procedures were just some of the challenges of this project.
- Digwright were able to have achieved timely completion of the bulk earthworks to allow STH to start building structures well ahead programme.
- Strong client relationships have resulted in award of subsequent stages at Wide Bay Training Area.
Digwright Civil was appointed as the civil contractor for the MTR-A and associated works at WBTA. At the completion of the project Digwright had delivered:
- Construct 3km road embankments through wet land areas
- 250000m3 of cut to fill bulk earthworks
- 12000m3 of imported rock and gravel to fill embankments and pavements
- Culvert crossings and drainage
- 18000m2 Geotextile Grid and Fabrics
- Earth mounds and Bunkers
- Bio Basins
- Working in an environmentally sensitive area
Location: Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Client: St Hilliers / Department of Defence
Commencement Date: September 2014
Completion Date: August 2015
Contract Value: $1.8 million